Roof Stain Washing and Stain Removal
The safest and most effective roof washing in Baton Rouge
Every year roofs in Louisiana have black or green stains start creeping across them. The majority of these unsightly stains are linked to a type of algae called gloeocapsa magma. The spores spread across your shingles creating the unsightly “stains” on your roof. Aside from looking bad the algae are also slowly eating away at the composite that makes up your shingles. They feed on the limestone granules embedded in your shingles which weakens them and shortens the lifespan of your roof.
Benefits of Soft Washing Your Roof
Acadiana Softwash restores your dirty roof to a like-new appearance. Louisiana roofs aren’t so much “dirty” but infested with living organisms that can’t be removed with a pressure washer. Algae, mold, mildew, and bacteria are alive and must be killed with a soft wash solution or they will persist and keep destroying your investment.
- Preserve the Value of your Home or Business – Stop mold and bacteria from getting into your attic and other sensitive areas that can lead to major repairs.
- Maintain Curb Appeal – Come home to a house that looks great every day, and take care of your investment.
- Decrease Utility Costs – Removing roof stains allows the reflective coating on the roof surface to do its job and keep your home or business cooler in the summer months.
- Maximize Your Roof Life – Keeping your roof clean prevents premature leaks, cracks, and shingle deterioration.
- One-Year Warranty – If algae or staining reappears within one year, we’ll come back and take care of it for free.
American Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA) Recommended
Soft washing is the safest and most effective roof cleaning method today. Soft Washing has been lab-tested by all the biggest roofing manufacturers and is even recommended by the American Roofing Manufacturers Association. Soft washing, as opposed to pressure washing, is applied at low pressure to avoid damaging paint surfaces, shingles, stucco, wood, or vinyl. Even more, it completely kills the algae and bacteria responsible for staining and damaging roofs in Louisiana.